Join Us! – Here's How:
Online registration is available for new and renewing members. Fill out your registration form via our secure web interface, pay the registration fee plus any donations you wish to make using your Visa® or MasterCard® and print a copy of your membership card in one easy transaction!
Anyone 18 or older, from beginner to proficient, is eligible to join. Whether you want to improve your health and fitness, compete in pool, open water, or postal events, or just lose a few pounds, PNA and USMS welcome you and invite you to join and train with one of our local workout groups. Don't wait any longer! Sign up now to join or renew your membership.
New members, you may join the appropriate club: Puget Sound Masters, club abbreviation PSM; Blue Wave Aquatics, abbreviation BWAQ; or register Unattached, abbreviation UC36. There is no extra fee to join the clubs PSM or BWAQ. For renewals, your previous club and workout group will be filled in for you, but you can easily make changes when you register by using the drop-down boxes.
Want to find out who swims with which workout group or club? Click: PNA Clubs, Workout Groups, and Members Roster.
Want to find a USMS member by first name, last name, and/or LMSC? Click: U.S. Masters Swimming Membership Directory
Team (Workout Group) Registration
New for 2014 USMS instituted changes to enhance workout groups by providing the same services to them as offered to registered clubs. In years past, PNA registered its workout groups locally, charging a $12 fee to provide a Rule Book and offset team award costs at our “Champs” meet each April. Beginning immediately, you may register your workout group directly with USMS for $25, the same annual fee charged to register our existing clubs (PSM, BWAQ, and WWU).
As a result of this change, PNA will no longer charge our workout groups nor will we continue to send you a Rule Book since you will receive one from USMS.
Registering your workout group is entirely optional. Registering with USMS affords your workout group the same benefits that registered clubs receive. If your workout group is not registered, it will not appear in the dropdown list in Online Registration – you'll have to enter your team name manually. Nor will it appear on the membership search page – its members will be grouped with WO Group “N/A”.
Register your Workout Group (Team) online: www.usms.org/reg/club/ What are the benefits, you ask?
- It will appear in the individual online registration pull-down list under Club PSM
- It will receive a workout group welcome kit ($20 value)
- It may request one USMS Rule Book cost-free ($10 value)
- It may order a no-cost, co-branded banner with its logo on it ($50 value)
- Its designated contact may elect to receive email notification each time a member registers
- Points count for team competition at our annual Champs meet (see 2013's results: 2013 Team Scores)
(Actually, all teams whose members enter the meet will be included in the team competition.)
- You can search on line for members of your team on the membership search page.
PNA Club Registration
PNA encourages and welcomes both new workout groups (teams) and new clubs. If interested in forming either, please contact the Registrar to put you in touch with people who can help. If you’re not clear on the difference between a Club and a Workout Group, refer to the discussion under Member Services / New to PNA.
- New Club? Use the 2014 New Club Registration Form to register your new Club with PNA.
- Existing Club? Use the link in the email that is sent on November 1st of each year. If you need this email resent, contact the Registrar at PNregistrar@usms.org.
Q. How do we start a new club?
A. Download the New Club Registration Form and follow the instructions. Also please read Building a Successful Masters Club. It is filled with lots of information to help you build a thriving and functional club.